We undertake an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) which helps us to design a wind farm that minimises the environmental impact of the development.
The findings of the EIA will be presented as an Environmental Statement (ES) and will be submitted with the planning application. The ES outlines how the assessment process will have led to the final project design, and sets out mitigation measures where necessary.
The Environmental Statement includes assessments of the following:
- Landscape and Visual Assessment (LVIA)
- Ecology - including bats, badgers, otters, water vole and aquatic ecology
- Ornithology (birds)
- Water Environment
- Archaeology/ Cultural Heritage
- Transport, Traffic and Access
- Shadow Flicker
- Aviation, Television, Telecommunications and Safety
- Socio-economics, Tourism and Recreation
- Cumulative Effects